UPDATED: October 2014
Welcome to the Better Government Association's Pension Database, which contains searchable information from the largest public-sector pension funds in Illinois. Use the database, established under the BGA's Rescuing Illinois project, to find out how much retired government employees are collecting on a monthly or annual basis.
How do you use the Pension Database? Click here to find out.
By using this public database, you indicate that you understand and agree to the following disclaimers, terms and conditions:
- Note to members of the news media: As this database is costly in both time and resources to maintain and update, the BGA requests that every reasonable effort be made to provide attribution when this data is used for researching, writing or verifying information in the course of news gathering.
- All records contained in the database are public and were obtained under the provisions of the Illinois Freedom of Information Act.
- This database is provided as a public service and is intended to serve as an informational tool only. The BGA does not guarantee the accuracy, completeness or validity of this information and disclaims any responsibility for errors or omissions on this web site.
- Pensions listed might not include additional benefits.
- No modifications have been made to the data, other than those considered necessary to present the information uniformly and with clarity to those using the database.
- The BGA will not modify, remove or add any individual records, unless the existing records are not consistent with those provided by the pertinent public body at the time of the FOIA request.
- The use of the database for commercial purposes or for gathering data in furtherance of any type of marketing is prohibited.
- The use of this web site or database to copy or download bulk searches or information is prohibited.
- Pensions in the database are generally annual totals, though in some instances are monthly totals, and current as of 2014.
List of pension name abbreviations
- TRS—Teachers' Retirement System (for non-Chicago)
- SURS—State Universities Retirement System
- SRS—State Retirement System (for state employees)
- MEABF—Chicago Municipal Employees
- IMRF—Illinois Municipal Retirement Fund (for non-Chicago municipal workers)
Looking for our Payroll Database? Click here.