"Applications for this position are no longer being considered."
This position is part-time (15-25 hours a week). Hours are somewhat flexible.
This position will support and assist with the development activities at the Better Government Association. The Development Assistant will report to and work closely with the Development Manager to support the data services needs of the organization.
- Work with Administration and Accounting to manage accurate processing of checks, credit cards and electronic funds transfers.
- Responsible for writing and sending donor thank you notes and letters in a timely manner.
- Responsible for data entry in the development database.
- Support the Develop Manager in prospect research activities.
- Assist development team members in implementation of annual appeals and donor engagement activities.
- Support the development team with a variety of administrative duties including: answering the phone, scheduling meetings and mailings.
Strong candidates will have:
- Some college experience
- Interest in fundraising and the BGA’s mission;
- Strong work ethic and the ability to work as part of a team;
- Excellent organizational skills;
- Detail-oriented, independent and resourceful;
- Excellent interpersonal and telephone skills;
- Excellent writing and editing skills;
- Strong knowledge of Mac OSX, Microsoft Office, and Excel;
- Ability to quickly learn new programs and create systems;
- Knowledge of Raiser’s Edge or similar donor databases is a plus.
Send cover letter and resume to Ernest Crowder: firstname.lastname@example.org