Social Media & Newsletter Specialist
The Better Government Association is seeking an enterprising Social Media & Newsletter Specialist to produce social media content & newsletters and help shape the BGA’s external communications strategy. We are looking for a natural storyteller with a keen eye for details who is excited about finding creative ways to translate the BGA’s work into compelling social media and newsletter content. The ideal candidate must have a journalism background and experience with social media content creation and tracking, newsletter writing and design, and basic knowledge of graphic design. A member of the audience engagement team, the Social Media & Newsletter Specialist reports to the Manager of Audience Engagement and will collaborate across the enterprise to amplify the work of the BGA’s investigations, policy and development teams and enhance the impact of the BGA overall.
- Execute BGA’s social media strategy across platforms under the supervision of the Manager of Audience Engagement
- Create and manage social media content and day-to-day activities on various channels (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, YouTube, LinkedIn, etc.)
- Write and produce audience-driven newsletters for the BGA’s news and policy teams
- Collaborate with the news, policy and development teams to promote BGA’s stories, resources and events across platforms
- Work with Web & Graphics editor to create attractive content & graphics
- Contribute to growing the BGA audience on social media platforms, compiling and reviewing reach and usage metrics to further inform social media
- Serve as the knowledge base on how our audience interacts with the BGA online and produce regular reports on audience behavior
- Ensure content and communications are aligned with the BGA’s brand and values
- Assist the audience engagement team with other duties as needed
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, journalism or relevant field
- Three years of experience in a newsroom setting with a solid understanding of investigative journalism
- Experience crafting content and campaigns for various social media platforms (Twitter, YouTube, Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, etc.)
- Experience writing newsletters with an emphasis on audience development and working with email marketing services, such as MailChimp or Constant Contact
- Strong writing and editing skills (including experience with AP Style)
- Attention to detail - you’re the first to catch mistakes
- Experience with content management systems such as WordPress, knowledge of Newspack is a plus
- Strong knowledge of various marketing and analytics tools such as Google Analytics
- Ability to juggle multiple projects, meet deadlines, build community, and innovate in form and function
- Self-starter capable of working at a fast pace, independently or as part of a team
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, collaborative environment
Compensation and Benefits
The salary range for this position is $55,000 - $60,000. The position also includes medical, dental, and vision insurance; a comprehensive paid time off package; commuter transit benefits; and a 401(k).
How to Apply
Submit your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. We will begin reviewing submissions immediately and we will consider applicants while the posting remains on our website.
We encourage applicants from traditionally underrepresented communities, including people of color, LGBTQ+ people and people with disabilities. The Better Government Association is an equal opportunity employer. We’re committed to cultivating and preserving a culture of inclusion and connectedness for all employees. We welcome the unique contributions you can bring in terms of education, opinions, culture, ethnicity, race, sex, gender identity and expression, nation of origin, age, languages spoken, veteran status, color, religion, disability, sexual orientation and beliefs.